South Dublin Lingotot Centre
¡Hola! and welcome to Lingotot South Dublin!
I am Sofia and am thrilled to bring Lingotot to Dublin and share a love for languages with local children and their families.
Multilingual education has become a way of life for me. I was born in Madrid to Spanish and German parents and grew up in a bilingual household. Living, studying and working in Spain, Holland, Canada and London exposed me not only to different languages but also to their people and cultures.
There are so many reasons to learn a language early on and our award-winning Lingotot classes are fun and interactive with songs, games, stories and crafts all designed to help children (and some parents/grandparents/guardians !) learn without them even realising they’re doing so.
Lingotot South Dublin teaches in community classes, but also in nurseries/montessori and afterschool clubs.
Please scroll down to find a list of all available classes and details of how to book. Don’t forget to keep up to date with everything we’re doing on Facebook by following Lingotot South Dublin and don’t hesitate to send me a message if you have any questions.
10 Reasons to attend Lingotot sessions
1. Effective and Fun: Language learning at school usually revolves around sitting in chairs and teachers providing grammar and structures for children to use. Our programme has been developed to focus on what kids like to do and then to do these activities in another language, with plenty of repetition and structure.
2. Learning through Play: Play is at the heart of Lingotot sessions. Babies and young children learn, grow and have fun through play. Lingotot sessions help them understand the world and other cultures. Singing songs, reading together and having fun with friends gives them a head start to develop socially and emotionally.
3. English will Not be Enough : Our global community means it is vital to be able to communicate with other communities around the world.
4. Early is Better: If it’s introduced early and well, children pick up a second language naturally, just like they learn their mother tongue, instead of learning it in “second language” mode like we do as adults - constantly translating from one language to another in our heads!
5. All Round Educational Boost: Research suggests that children who know two languages can gain an academic and social advantage over those who speak only one. Children have an amazing ability to learn language and this happens best when it is interactive, engaging, child-centered.
6. Excellent Communication Skills: Speaking and Listening are the cornerstone to literacy development. A broad and rich language curriculum ensures such skills are developed, leading to a good start in phonic work. In fact, Lingotot can introduce young learners to foreign- language letter sounds!
7. Increased Self-Esteem: Children love being able to communicate in another language. Our classes encourage talking, imitating, play-acting and sharing their language skills right from the first lesson. Children and adults alike make lots of new like-minded friends too!
8. Prepare for the Future: Competence in foreign languages is increasingly valued by universities. Languages are compulsory in Irish secondary schools.
9. Acquire a Lifelong Advantage: Learning another language offers a lifetime of possibilities and adventure. In later life, knowing another language not only helps you make friends, finding jobs etc.
10. Learn a Language Together! Lingotot sessions benefit the whole family. Parents and children learn, play and bond together. The community sessions are designed for you to attend with your child so that you can be fully engaged with their learning and carry on using new language together at home.
Contact South Dublin
The Harold NS Spanish Afterschool Club- Junior & Senior Infants
Total course price: €60.00
Wed, Nov 14, 2018 1:30 PM
The Harold NS- WEDNESDAY- Spanish Afterschool Club (1st-6th classes)
Total course price: €60.00
Wed, Nov 14, 2018 2:30 PM
The Harold NS -MONDAY- Spanish Afterschool Club (1st- 6th classes)
Total course price: €50.00
Mon, Nov 19, 2018 2:30 PM
Spanish Lingotot @ St.Pauls Glenageary NOV/DEC
Total course price: €38.00
Mon, Nov 19, 2018 9:30 AM
Spanish @ Ballybrack Killiney Montessori NOV/DEC
Total course price: €20.00
Tue, Nov 20, 2018 12:30 PM